- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 1/4 c sugar (cane or coconut)
- 2 c flour (whole wheat pastry)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 eggs (1/2 c egg beaters)
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and berries. Cook until the strawberries get soft.
- Add the vanilla.
- Cook a couple more minutes, then let the mixture cool. Use a potato masher to break down the strawberries or put the cooled mixture through a food processor.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add eggs to the berry mixture, then the dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased 13×9″ pan at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
The original recipe can be found here.