Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Pie crust (baked according to package directions)
- 3/4 c coconut sugar
- 3 T + 1 1/2 t cornstarch
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 c lemon juice
- 2 eggs or 1/2 c egg beaters
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c heavy whipping cream, whipped (plus 1 T cane sugar whipped in)
- In a saucepan mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Whisk in the milk and lemon juice. Cook and stir until it’s thickened and bubbly.
- In a small bowl whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs then add it all to the saucepan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon peel. Cool.
- Stir in sour cream. Add the filling to the crust. Top with whipped cream.
The original recipe can be found here.