- 1/2 c butter
- 3/4 c cane sugar
- 1 large egg or 1/4 c eggbeaters
- 1 T lemon extract
- 2 T lemon zest
- 1 T honey
- 2 c whole wheat pastry flour or gluten free flour
- 2 t cornstarch
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 T lemon juice
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg, lemon extract, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed.
- Add the lemon zest & honey and mix.
- Add the flour, cornstarch and salt. Make a well and add the baking soda. Add the lemon juice directly to the baking soda.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours, then scoop small mounds of dough onto a cookie sheet and flatten them with your fingers or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
The original recipe can be found here.