Butter Pecan Fudge
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c cane sugar
- 1/2 c brown cane sugar
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 c chopped pecans
- Measure out the powdered sugar and set it aside. The original recipe called for 2 cups but my fudge was dry.
- Grease an 8×8 inch pan or line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, cane sugar, brown cane sugar, whipping cream & salt in a pot. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it boils and the bubbles don’t disappear when you stir.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix thoroughly, then add chopped pecans.
- Pour the fudge into a prepared pan and cool until room temperature.
The original recipe can be found here.