Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg (or 1/2 cup Eggbeaters)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt).
- In another medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or two spoons to drop one tablespoon of dough onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.
The original recipe can be found here.