Gluten Free Spritz Cookies
It’s my grandma’s 90th birthday at the end of February, and we’re having an open house for her this weekend. She feels better when she doesn’t eat gluten, so I was on a mission to figure out how to bake something she’d eat.
- 1 c (2 sticks) Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 c Sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 1/2 c gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, almond extract. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients (salt, tartar, gum, flour) to a small bowl off to the side and mix well.
- Add to wet ingredents and mix until dought JUST starts to putt together and looses a bit of its sticky nature.
- Add to cookie press and press cookie shapes DIRECTLY onto baking sheet. A parchment will not work for this type of cookie.
- Bake 7-8 minutes.
I tried adding color to my cookies, it didn’t work like I had hoped. Next time I won’t add color.
The original recipe can be found here.