Strawberry Freezer Jam
I remember my mom canning as a kid. We would be out in the garage with a camping-style stove and a big black pot full of jars. I think I was only part of this process because it was IN the garage–that’s where I spent most of my childhood (not the kitchen). So obviously I don’t know how to can, which is why Instant Pectin is the perfect product for me!
Actually I like it for a couple reasons. I like that I can make a small batch of jam at once, and again I love it because it doesn’t involve traditional canning. I like that it comes in a large container with multiple uses too.
Here’s the recipe, basically straight from the label of instant pectin.
- 1 2/3 cup strawberries (233 grams by weight)
- 2/3 cup sugar (I use half Splenda and half cane sugar)
- 2 Tbsp instant pectin
- Crush the strawberries with a potato masher or use a food processor.
- Stir sugar and pectin in a bowl.
- Add fruit. Stir 3 minutes.
- Pour into a freezer jar and let stand 30 minutes.