Cheesy Potato & Broccoli Soup
I am not a soup person, but my husband loves it. Yesterday in Bismarck when our high temp was -14 or so he decided he wanted soup for lunch–and for once I agreed!
We were initially going to doctor up a can of soup into something more filling, but then I decided to make something myself. I haven’t made homemade soup so this was a new one for me. I’m glad I decided to try! This recipe makes 2 servings. The original recipe can be found here.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/8 cup flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 2 small diced potatoes ( I used yellow potatoes)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped broccoli, raw or thawed if frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup skim milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- dash paprika
- salt (if you use no salt chicken broth)
There’s lots of changes that could be made to this recipe too. You could add different veggies if you don’t like broccoli, or add bacon or ham. You could add more water/broth if you like the soup thinner.