Maple Pecan Steel Cut Oatmeal
Wow is this stuff good!
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup milk (I use almond or coconut)
- 100% pure maple syrup
On the stovetop
- Bring the water to a boil, add the oats and stir
- Reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When most of the water is absorbed, add the milk, pecan halves and brown sugar & cook for another 10 minutes
- Add the maple syrup to the individual bowls of oats, about 1/2 Tbsp each
If you want to make this in the crockpot the night before, add all the ingredients except the maple syrup to your crockpot and cook on low. I would recommend adding more water because I usually burn mine. An alternative that isn’t quite as messy is to put the oatmeal mixture in a ramekin and then set that inside your crockpot. Fill the crock with water about halfway up the side of the ramekin and cook overnight on low.