Garlic Brown Rice
This recipe makes 3 servings.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked short-grain brown rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 1/2 tsp)
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 (13 3/4-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Saute the rice for about one minute in the oil.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and water, salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover, cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
The original recipe said 45 minutes but I ran out of liquid a few minutes before the time was up–and the rice was still crunchy. I added more water, cooked it for another 15 minutes and the rice was still crunchy.
The original recipe for Garlicky Brown Rice can be found on My Recipes.